Bluebird Contracting Services Ltd., a Trotter & Morton Company, is currently looking for hard-working, committed Heavy Equipment Operators for full-time positions at various locations throughout Alberta
- Operate heavy equipment such as: dozers, excavators, grader or scraper in a civil construction environment.
- Assist in aligning pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction.
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades required at construction sites.
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.
Technical Competencies and Skills:
- Operate heavy equipment safely.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks.
- Diagnose mechanical problems.
- Read grade plans and use grade stakes in measuring the amount of earth to be moved.
- Follow verbal directions and hand signals.
- Problem solving and decision making capabilities.
- Use existing procedures to solve routine or standard technical problems; apply limited judgment and discretion.
- Strong communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- 2 to 3 years of experience operating heavy machinery.
We offer an excellent, competitive hourly salary ($28-30/hr.) along with a comprehensive benefit package, including: medical, dental, vision, long term disability and life insurance.
Bluebird Contracting Services is committed to safety. To this end, we continue to create the safest, healthiest work environment possible for our employees and all other personnel affected by our operations.
Bluebird Contracting Services thanks all candidates that apply and advises that only candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
Click APPLY NOW to complete the online Career Application form for this position.